Our mission is to serve as a bridge between the Cacao plant and those who are willing to receive its knowledge.
We facilitate spaces where you will feel safe and ready to open up to your intuition, and step into your own power.
Cacao: Food of the Gods
Ka’kau was the original name the Mayans gave to what they considered a magical plant. Used in ritual, as an offering to the Gods, in marriage ceremony and as a drink to share in shamanic circles, Cacao represented the divine in the cultures of Mesoamerica. The Mayan myth of creation said that God made men out of corn, and then a “plumed serpent” offered them cacao to drink and become humans with all the wisdom of nature.
It did not take long for the first colonialists to witness the power that Cacao had in the indigenous traditions. Once they recognised the intrinsic value of the plant they started using it as currency, bringing sacks of Cacao beans across the ocean to serve the aristocrats and the royalty of Spain on demand, and later on, the whole of Europe. Although they were not impressed at first by the bitterness of its taste, they soon discovered that mixing it with sugar made the stimulating beverage much more appealing for the citizens of the Old World.
The botanical name given to the cacao tree is Theobroma Cacao, which in Greek, literally means: Cacao Food of the Gods.
A Cacao ceremony in the modern world is an opportunity for us to get together in circle and create a space for personal inquiry and deep transformation. Using Cacao as a catalyst to guide us through an internal journey, the wisdom of the plant medicine will help us clarify our place in this world, our relationship with nature and the direction of our next steps.
Each ceremony is unique, bringing together the right constellation of people that will create the circle. We hold the space together, let the magic happen and trust in the healing power of the plant to dictate the rhythm. Cacao used in ceremony can be a very therapeutic experience, allowing us to go deeper in our personal work. Its gentle yet deeply powerful effects lead us to engage more deeply with our emotions and awareness, revealing an expansive openness and sensitivity that puts us in touch with our higher wisdom and the teacher inside of us.
Cacao’s subtle medicine will ignite your intuition, creativity and inner power, and will guide you through each step of the journey, allowing you to receive its gifts with gratitude.
Benefits of Cacao
Cacao is considered a medicine by the indigenous traditions in Central and South America, and it is used in shamanic healing rituals. Its undeniable nutritional properties have also convinced Western medicine that consuming Cacao is highly recommended as a supplement for vibrant health.
It contains minerals such as:
And over 300 compounds that positively affect our cardiovascular, reproductive, digestive and nervous systems:
- flavonoid antioxidants, key in preventing heart disease
- ignites receptors of Serotonin and Dopamine, which can help prevent or treat depression
- balance hormones, ideal for PMS or menopausal syndromes
- anti-inflammatory properties that reduce pain and create strong bones
- polyphenols, which help fight against cholesterol, blood clots, boost the immune system and create sun screen protection
- adaptogens, which help skin repair, major organ function, energy levels and balancing stress hormones
Aside from these obvious chemical benefits, we find a couple of very interesting neurotransmitters in Cacao that will help us understand why “chocolate” is such an appreciated substance all over the world:
- Phenethylamine – the neurotransmitter that the body produces naturally when we fall in Love, increasing physical and emotional energy and enhancing Dopamine release
- Anandamide – also known as the “Bliss Molecule”, it creates a feeling of joy and wellbeing, increases neurogenesis (nerve formation), and has positive effects on everything from stress levels to memory
Cacao is also a stimulant that, unlike coffee, puts us in a state of presence and acceptance of the Now. Its sensual and aphrodisiac properties help us connect with ourselves and others in a more authentic and liberating way. Some of the effects that people have recorded after Cacao Ceremonies are:
- opening up of the senses
- opening up intuition
- heart openness
- creates connections
- instigate creativity (music, art, poetry, etc)
- cleanses the system
- clears un-useful thoughts and patterns
- gives you a glimpse of the Truth
- it energises you
- it brings joy
- love sharing
- gives a clear vision into what’s possible
- awakens imagination
- creates a space with no judgement or expectations
- time changing, feeling of slowing things down
- connection with your ancestors
- helps you make choices from a higher state of consciousness
- brings you into the present moment
- quiets down mental chatter
Mutual respect between Cacao and You is key for a successful ceremony. Cacao usually presents itself as a Goddess, or simply as a feminine representation. Listen deeply, without judgements and expectations, and she will guide you through. If you treat her like a big sister that is walking along with you, she will show you her wisdom. Trust in Her!
- Always use it with an intention
- Ask for permission
- Let go of controlling the situation
- Be in service of the process
- Avoid asking too much of Her
- Listen, open your heart and develop a relationship with the plant
- You co-create a space together
- Wait to act
- Let yourself be guided
- Avoid getting stuck in your story, allow emotions to arise and dissipate
A Cacao Ceremony is a safe space where the plant medicine creates an umbrella for everyone to express themselves freely under it. If we are open to receive, we will feel the benefits of seeing the world through Her eyes, with self-love and compassion. Cacao brings us back to balance with our fellow humans, with all other species, and with Mother Earth.
Embrace the Change!
Book a Cacao Ceremony!
Whether you want to organise a private session, or a group in your space, offer a ceremony at one of your events or invite us to facilitate for any special occasion – contact us and we will be very happy to guide you with the best option!
*Prices to be discussed according to format
Ethically sourced - Organic - Gluten Free - Non GMO
Coming from El Salvador, our mission is to deliver the finest Fair Trade cacao product on the market.
Whether you run Cacao Ceremonies, for your personal use, or to do your own private ceremonies with family and friends, Amrita Cacao is the best quality cacao you will find in Spain.
“New Moon Ceremony” – April 2019, Barcelona
“Intimate Cermeony” – January 2019, Waiheke Island – New Zealand
“New Year Ceremony” – January 2019, Suryalila
“Full Moon Women Cermeony” – November 2018, Barcelona
“Maxja Holistic Festial” – September 2018, Sardinia
“Teacher Training Ceremony” – August 2018, Catalunya
“Closing Ceremony” – Agni Spirit Festival 2018, Catalunya
“Cacao Ceremony” – The Mount, February 2018 New Zealand
“Cacaíto Dance” – February 2018 Kawaipurapura, New Zealand
“New Year’s Ceremony” – January 2018, Suryalila-Cádiz
“Cacao, Yoga & Music” Yoga Lab Barcelona December 1st 2017
“Shamanic Yoga Retreat” – November 2017 – Mas Gras, Catalunya
“Closing Ceremony” – Agni Spirit Festival 2017
“Yoga, Cacao & Ecstatic Dance” – Yoga Lab Barcelona January 6th 2017
“Yoga & Shamanism Retreat” Mas Gras, November 2016